How it works
Range has a Slack bot which teammates can DM with and invite to a team channel. This article will cover how to direct message the Range channel in Slack. Learn more about using Range in a team channel here.
Here's what you can do:
- Direct message @range for help getting started.
- Customize your notifications – The @range bot notifies you when teammates post check-ins. If any of these get annoying, you can turn them off in settings. Learn more
- Get check-ins in a shared channel – You can get your teammates' check-ins from Range automatically posted to a team Slack cannel. Learn more
- Quickly add items to your plan for the day using a keyword. Typing "@range todo: " in one's DM will add the note to a check-in.
- Quickly add anything you've accomplished to your check-in under "what happened."
- Add Slack messages to your Range check-in –Simply hover over any Slack message and press the ( ... ) icon. From this menu you can choose "Add to my plan" to add a message to your plan for the day. Choosing "Add to my update" will add the message to the "what happened" portion of your check-in. If you don't see this option, you may need to choose "More message actions..."
- More things the Range bot can do – The Range bot can also help you find out what timezones your teammates are working in and see what moods your teammates have shared.
We're always looking for ways to improve our Slack integration, so please feel free to share your feedback with us via the Intercom button at the bottom right of this screen.